Probate and estate administration Walsall
The process of dealing with a deceased person’s estate administration can be time-consuming and stressful.
Here at Benson Williams, we’ve prepared an estate administration checklist to help navigate you take the appropriate steps
- Finding the Will (if the deceased made a Will)
- Finding out what assets the deceased had
- Finding out what liabilities the deceased had
- Completing the relevant application forms for the local probate registry
- Swearing an affadavit at the probate registry
- Collecting in all assets (bank accounts, shares, insurances, pension benefits, property etc)
- Settling all bills, debts, and other liabilities
- Distributing the residue to the correct beneficiaries
- Preparing final estate accounts
Many people prefer to pass either all or part of this work to a firm who are experienced in this type of work. BensonWilliams can take on as much, or as little, of this work for you as you wish.
To administer a deceased estate the first step is to obtain a Grant of Probate (where a Will exists) or Letters of Administration (where a Will does not exist) from the local Probate Court. Many of our clients ask us to simply handle the application to the court, but are then happy to deal with the estate themselves once they have obtained the necessary documentation. Others ask us to be more involved with the administration of the estate, and many ask us to handle the whole process from start to finish.
We operate on fixed fees, which are always quoted to you up front, and are not collected until all work is complete. We also pride ourselves on the affordability of our estate administration and probate services. Recent surveys indicate that the average cost of dying (including probate and funeral costs) is now approaching £10,000, and a client of ours was recently quoted £17,000 by another firm to handle a relatively simple estate on his behalf, work which we subsequently handled for him for a fraction of that price!
Using our service can provide peace of mind and take stress away during what is already a difficult time.
Find Probate and Estate Administration near you in the West Midlands
Get in touch…